Retail Price : £39.99
Release Date : 6th January 2012
Available now to ship before release date
Boom Street Nintendo Wii Game
(Also Known as Fortune Street in USA)
Get on board, corner the market and make a fortune!
Players become familiar characters from the Nintendo and DRAGON QUEST universes in a board game that challenges them to play the real estate and stock markets wisely to win. Players race around the board trying to accumulate wealth and hit a target value while buying, selling and trading property with friends and family to see who can be the first to cash out. What appears at first to be a simple property-buying board game offers multiple levels of money-maximizing opportunity.
- Players move around one of more than 15 boards, buying shops to build their portfolios and collecting symbols they can cash in at the bank to earn more gold to invest. It takes money to make money, so racing around the board may not be the best strategy.
- To capitalize on their monetary gains, players can make investments, play the stock market, purchase shops and collect shopping fees. When players buy multiple shops adjacent to one another, the property value grows and both shops level up. Other players who land on those squares have to pay an increased shopping fee.
- Players can choose to play as a variety of Mushroom Kingdom characters, as DRAGON QUEST characters or even as their own Mii™ characters.
- More than 15 game boards with different shapes and layouts are available to provide endless replay value.
- The beginner setting called "easy rules" helps newcomers learn the basics, while the more advanced, "standard rules" introduces more challenges, deeper strategy options and the ability to play the virtual stock market.
- Play against friends with the Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.
- The franchise has been a hit in Japan, and this marks its first appearance in Europe
Boom Street from Nintendo
(Also Known as Fortune Street in USA)
Be the financial master of your friends and family in the interactive board game Boom Street for Wii. Boom Street asks you to navigate one of several different themed boards, purchasing property as you go while charging opponents for landing on them.
The aim of Boom Street is to get rich quicker than your opponents through a mixture of property acquisition and property investment. Challenge up to three friends at home using one Wii Remote or play against people from across the world online to see who can increase their net worth the quickest. You can even utilise an in-game stock market element to purchase shares and earn dividends for extra wealth.
As you move around the board you will be able to buy shops to build a property portfolio along with collecting suits that can be cashed in at the bank to earn moremoney to invest. There are numerous ways to play, ranging from beginner settings to help newcomers learn the basics, to Standard rules which offer deeper strategic options including the ability to manipulate the stock market.
Each of the boards are themed around favourite Mario and Dragon Quest locations, with fan-favourites such as Starship Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Alltrades Abbey from Dragon Quest both making an appearance. You can play as your own Mii character or also choose to play as one of over 20 playable characters from the Mario and Dragon Quest franchises, including Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Slime, Platypunk and Stella.
If you’re a financial whizz or mad with your money there‘s fun to be had and money to be made on Boom Street, only on Wii.
- Buy, sell and trade as you compete against up to three other players. Play opponents online for a new challenge!
- Play as Mario, Dragon Quest or Mii characters and work your way around colourful, themed boards.
- Anyone can get to grips with Easy rules, while Standard rules add a new level of strategy based around buying Stocks.
|Release Date||6 Jan 2012|
|Product Code (MPN)||N/A|