Dodonpachi Resurrection (Daifukkatsu in Japan) is the fifth game in CAVE’s flagship DonPachi series.
After the turmoil caused by the assault on Lunapolis which sparked the "Blissful Death Wars" (as depicted in the previous installment), peace seems to have been restored, with the legendary DonPachi Corps retreating to its HQ in a space-time fold. Six years later, anomalies are detected in the space-time fabric, yet tests reveal nothing out of order, with the portals regularly functioning for both teleportation and time travel; also, the leader of the DonPachi squadron Colonel Longhena Gottvin dismisses the matter due to the lack of actual danger.
Nevertheless, a technician delves deeper into the anomaly, discovering that something has infiltrated the HQ computer systems and is using the portals to send large quantities of materials and data to the past, spreading out like a virus and quickly evolving. Unsettled, the Colonel authorizes the last transport ship to time jump in order to fight back the invasion before future changes.
Once again, the three pilots jump back in time to 2008 and enter the fray, the transport ship being targeted as soon as it exits the portal: the Element Daughters, gigantic evolutions of the Dolls, are awaiting... The bee is still humming.
- Xbox 360‐only Features. Now players can experience Dodonpachi Resurrection the way it was intended, for arcades. Challenge the complex scoring system of Arcade mode in full HD resolution with an arcade stick or Xbox 360 controller.
- An AI that adapts to the player. Dodonpachi Resurrection for Xbox 360 features a remixed mode “Arrange B” which adjusts itself according to the user’s play style. With every play-through, bullets increase or decrease according to skill. With each clear, enemies get harder to kill and more bullets fill the screen, on the other hand giving incredible scoring opportunities. The only stop to this progression is the skill of the player him or herself.
- A Tribute to a Classic. Exclusive to the console release, “Arrange A” is the second remixed mode included with “Resurrection”, which borrows some of the gameplay mechanics of PS2 shooter classic and prequel “Daioujou” for a massive challenge.
- Online scoreboards and replays. Dodonpachi Resurrection features online scoreboards and replays to let you compare your scores to friends as well as the best of the best. Online score sharing is a huge step over the PS2 days and conveys the relevance of point‐based games much better than any offline console has ever done.
- ARCADE MODE: A faithful port of the arcade classic.
- Fight through the bullets to put an end to NEXY’s nefarious plot.
- Slowdown, integral to the dodging experience, reproduced for fans of the arcade.
- Includes a fully-featured Triangle mode for boosting your high score and getting past tough bosses.
- ARRANGE A: TRIBUTE TO DAIOUJOU.
- Allows players to use their “hyper” to slow down bullets and earn lots of points.
- Featuring an original game system designed by the godfather of CAVE games himself, Tsuneki Ikeda.
- ARRANGE B: ENDLESS PROGRESSION. Revamped Game System & Revamped Scoring.
- Download other player’s replays to see how the system has adapted to their styles.
- Included is a Remix Album by “RESONATOR”, a veteran game music unit from Japan.
|Release Date||4 Nov 2011|
|Brand||Rising Star Games|
|Product Code (MPN)||N/A|