Kinect Sensor with Kinect Adventures Xbox 360
Jump In With Microsoft Kinect
Introducing Kinect, formerly "Project Natal", a revolutionary new way to play: no controller required.
Kinect will turn YOU into the controller for games and entertainment, and it will work with every Xbox 360. Unlike 2-D cameras and controllers, Kinect tracks your full body movement in 3-D, while responding to commands, directions, even a difference of emotion in your voice.
Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways - no controller required. Easy to use and instantly fun, Kinect gets everyone off the couch moving, laughing and cheering. See a ball? Kick it. Control an HD movie with a wave of the hand. Want to join a friend in the fun? Simply jump in. With Kinect technology evaporates, letting the natural magic in all of us shine. And the best part is Kinect works with every Xbox 360*.
With the Kinect sensor, you can experience gaming like never before. Easy to use and fun for everyone, the Kinect sensor utilises revolutionary full-body tracking to put you in the center of the fun. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognise your body and mirror your movements in the game, making you the controller. The sensor is compatible with every Xbox 360* and comes with a Kinect game. With Kinect Xbox 360 now has the best controller ever made - YOU.
- Colour VGA Motion Camera: 640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS
- Depth Camera: 640x480 pixel resolution @30FPS
- Array of 4 microphones supporting single speaker voice recognition
- Fully compatible with all Xbox 360 models*
- Revolutionary technology that includes body recognition
How does it work?
- Kinect sensor
Kinect is the worlds first system to combine an RGB camera, depth sensor, multiarray microphone and custom processor running proprietary software that brings Kinect experiences to every Xbox 360 console. The Kinect sensor tracks full-body movement and individual voices, creating controller-free fun and social entertainment available only on Xbox 360.
- RGB camera. Kinect has a video camera that delivers the three basic color components. As part of the Kinect sensor, the RGB camera helps enable facial recognition and more.
- Depth sensor. An infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor allows Kinect to see the room in 3-D (as opposed to inferring the room from a 2-D image) under any lighting conditions.
- Multiarray microphone. Kinect has a microphone that will be able to locate voices by sound and extract ambient noise. The multiarray microphone will enable headset-free Xbox LIVE party chat and more.
- Custom processor (running Microsoft proprietary software layer). A proprietary software layer makes the magic of Kinect possible. This layer differentiates Kinect from any other technology on the market through its ability to enable human body recognition and extract other visual noise.
You are the controller.
Kinect provides a whole new way to play. It uses a sensor to track your body movement and recognise your face, even listen to your voice.
Full-body tracking allows the Kinect sensor to capture your movement, from head to toe, to give players a full-body gaming experience.
Kinect is smart enough to remember voices and faces and provides an in-game experience in which the playerﾒs face and voice are recognised. Greet and speak to characters in the game, or simply step into view of the sensor to log into Xbox LIVE and connect with friends.
use all parts of your body ﾗ head, hands, feet and torso. When you're the controller, you don't just control the superhero, you are the superhero. Full-body tracking allows the Kinect sensor to capture your movement, from head to toe, to give players a full-body gaming experience.
Off-the-couch play. Kinect provides gameplay that gets you off the couch, on your feet and in the fun. Each Kinect experience is designed to get players moving, laughing, cheering and playing together. Kinect makes social gaming off-the-couch fun.
Colour and depth-sensing lenses
Voice microphone array
Tilt motor for sensor adjustment
Fully compatible with existing Xbox 360 consoles
Field of View
Horizontal field of view: 57 degrees
Vertical field of view: 43 degrees
Physical tilt range: ﾱ 27 degrees
Depth sensor range: 1.2m - 3.5m
320x240 16-bit depth @ 30 frames/sec
640x480 32-bit colour@ 30 frames/sec
16-bit audio @ 16 kHz
Skeletal Tracking System
Tracks up to 6 people, including 2 active players
Tracks 20 joints per active player
Ability to map active players to LIVE Avatars
LIVE party chat and in-game voice chat (requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership)
Echo cancellation system enhances voice input
Speech recognition in multiple
|Release Date||10 Nov 2010|