Based on the DreamWorks Animation 3D feature film, the Monsters vs. Aliens: The Video Game puts the fate of the planet in your hands, saving the world as only a monster can! Bash robots and battle the alien menace as the macho half-ape, half-fish The Missing Link, the gelatinous, indestructible, and brainless B.O.B., and the 49'11" tall woman Ginormica, with the help of the monstrous 350' tall grub Insectosaurus. Plus, team up with the brilliant but insect-headed Dr. Cockroach, Ph.D. in co-op mode, to save the earth from the megalomaniacal alien Gallaxhar.
- Unleash unique powers as all your favourite monsters from the film
- The Missing Link: Bash, bounce, swing, tail whip, and climb as this prehistoric brawler!
- B.O.B.: Ooze through cracks, stick to ceilings, and absorb and spit out enemies as this gooey blob!
- Ginormica: Tower over the landscape, test your strength, and use cars as roller-skates as this battling behemoth!
- Battle through locations from the movie and beyond
- Adventure across 20 distinct levels set in locations from the film and beyond, including the streets of San Francisco, Gallaxhar's gargantuan spaceship, and the government's super-secret monster containment facility!
- Play as a team in co-op mode
- A second player can pick up a controller and drop in at anytime as Dr. Cockroach Ph.D. As the most brilliant scientist in the world, players can blast apart robots, toss away enemies with the tractor beam, plus grab hard-to-reach upgrades and other rewards.
Play as Your Favourite Monsters
You'll get to choose among your favourite monsters from the movie as you use each of their distinct skills to battle alien robots and save the world. Each monster gives a different game play experience, and figuring out who to use for specific parts of the game is part of the challenge and fun.
The Missing Link, the half-fish and half-ape monster, can scale walls and perform acrobatics. He possesses the brute force to beat up most enemies by bashing and using his tail as a whip.
B.O.B. is gelatinous and can stretch and bounce, stick to walls, and swallow and spit out enemies and objects. B.O.B. can get to hard-to-reach places by seeping through grates and cracks.
Insectosaurus is 350-feet tall, shoots silk, and has a sonic scream, making her indispensable for fighting giant robots.
Ginormica is enormous, can race through cities using cars for roller skates, and can fight entire armies.
Dr. Cockroach, PhD provides missions and has a slew of gadgets used to fight the aliens.
Explore Locations in the Movie and More
Locations from the movie have been recreated in the game, which also features game-exclusive areas. You'll be able to explore nooks and crannies throughout the environment, and you'll have a blast escaping from a secret monster prison, wreaking havoc while doing battle inside a giant robot, bringing down Gallaxhar's spaceship, and more.
Unique Nintendo DS game play
The Nintendo DS version of the game has unique elements made possible by the touch screen. You'll rampage through the city as Insectosaurus and hack into alien technology as Dr Cockroach, PhD, all while using the stylus and touchscreen to control your monster.
|Release Date||27 Mar 2009|
|Product Code (MPN)||N/A|